20/9/2020 [Book of John: Lesson 46] www.lifechurchmissions.com
The Jewish Leaders use Man’s authority to
plot against Jesus
< John 11:45-57>
1. The Resurrection of Lazarus differentiates
those who believe and those who do not
2. The Pharisees’ mentality which is in enmity with God <v47-48>
1) Initially in hostility with Jesus because not convinced that HE is the Christ, yet now in greater hostility with Him because they are convinced, HE is the Christ.
⟹ Symbolizes church leaders who teach Christ/Bible for personal gains.
2) Only concerned about the external temple, yet lost the whole temple which they most cherish.
⟹ Symbolizes church leaders who love wealth and fame.
3. The Great Sin of the high Priest <v43>
1) Use God’s prophecy for political gains.
2) Use God’s prophecy to justify the killing of innocent man.
4. So from that day on, the day of Jesus' crucifixion approaches! <v53-54>
* Maybe a person is born again, but there remains a lot of old bondages in his life and living
* What man can do, God will not help him do
5. Reflect upon two questions
1) What kind of a church leader are you?
2) What kind of a church leader are you following?