21/11/2021 [Book of Acts 11] www.lifechurchmissions.com
When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart. <Ac 2:37-41>
* The work of the Holy Spirit in a man’s inner heart cannot be imitated or replicated
* Charles Finney – anxious bench, using music to induce people to respond to God
* Billy Graham – Actual statistics of evangelistic crusades, compromise in later years
* Servants of God must remember two points:
① Do not compromise the gospel truth for the sake of external revival
② It is pseudo to use man’s methods to stir the hearts of man to repentance
1. <Ac2:37> Cut to the heart and response.
* Cut to the heart - the heart is agitated violently, like it is being seriously rebuked.
* What shall we do? – Truly repentant person does not remain in a state of remorse, but they want to do acts of repentance.
2. <Ac2:38> Proof and promises of salvation.
3) Forgiveness of sins
4) Receiving the Holy Spirit
3.<Ac2:39> For whom is God’s promise of salvation?
2) All who are far off
** Those that God has called”
“Called” is in the concept of church (Ekklesia)
4.<Ac2:40> Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.
1) Save oneself daily
2) Corrupt generation – Deviant (turning away from the true God) generation
5.<Ac2:41> Three thousand were added to their number.
* The pitfalls of modern-day churches focusing on numbers.