5/12/2021 [Book of Acts 12] www.lifechurchmissions.com
A Holy Spirit-filled church. <Ac 2:42-47>
* Generally, because humans have blindspots, all churches will their own inclinations.
* Some over-emphasize numbers, others over-emphasize knowledge, ambience and rituals, etc.
* All inclinations are not healthy and should be corrected.
* At Pentecost, 3,000 repented and turned to the Lord, and the first church of the New Testament is birthed.
* The church that was birthed on Pentecost is a Holy Spirit-filled church.
What is a Holy Spirit-filled church?
1. A church that studies the Word of God.
* <v42>: devoted themselves to the apostle’s teachings
* <v43>: Many wonders and signs performed by the apostles
* Submit to the apostle’s teachings = submit to the teachings in the New Testament = Lord’s church
* Church should study the Word of God foundationally and in totality.
2. A church that is filled with the Lord’s love.
* <v42> Fellowship (Koinonia); (Koinos = communion) – meaning of sharing.
(1) Sharing the presence of the trinity God <2 Co 13:14>.
(2) Sharing the love and help between the saints (giving and receiving).
*<v44-45>: All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need.
* Must all saints do this?
* Karl Marx’s socialism?
* Read <2 Co 9:7>
3. A church that truly knows how to worship the Lord
* <v42>: breaking of bread, prayer.
* <v46>: Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts.
* Formal and informal worship.
- Filled with awe, ate together with glad and sincere hearts <v43, 46>.
- A church that is Holy Spirit-filled will have formality, but there is also joy.
* Please pray for the participation during and after worship service.
4. A church that evangelizes.
* <v47>: Praising God, enjoying the favour of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.
(1) Work of the Lord.
(2) The outcome of worshipping God is to receive the power to influence and attract people.
(3) The church is filled with people who are saved.
(4) Daily evangelising work.